Kids Klub is available to West Bloomfield students from Kindergarten through 5th grade.
Our mission is to provide each child with a strong foundation for life-long learning and inspiration to excel through a challenging curriculum focused on academics as well as social-emotional development in a safe, nurturing environment.
West Bloomfield Preschool Academy Philosophy
West Bloomfield Preschool Academy (WBPA) strives to provide an inclusive, hands-on environment where our Little Lakers are able to make decisions, solve problems, and engage in active participatory learning. Our educators contribute to elevating the essential areas of development to focus on the “whole child.” WBPA recognizes the importance of aiding social and emotional growth in an effort to help children become a valued contributor to the Laker community. The HighScope curriculum sets our students up for success through a consistent routine, a healthy mindset, and a ‘plan-do- review’ process. The skills that our teachers help to build on will provide the support our students need for school readiness!
We believe …
● That this learning best occurs in a comprehensive program, which includes an integrated curriculum and strong parent/community involvement.
● Each child is a unique individual with physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs. Recognizing that our children enter school with many different backgrounds, we provide individually rewarding and stimulating experiences in a diverse, bias-free environment.
We believe a child learns best in a warm, secure environment that provides opportunities for:
● Interaction with materials which encourage creativity, exploration, questioning and independent discovery. This interaction includes a variety of active, concrete, “hands on” learning experiences matched to individual abilities and learning styles.
● Interaction with ideas through open-ended and higher-order questions, problem solving, and discussions. This interaction emphasizes the process the child goes through to accomplish a task.
● Interaction with each other and all adults through quality and uninterrupted play situations. This interaction promotes cooperation, self-responsibility and respect for self and others.